Sigma front/back focus issues (and compatibility in general)?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wadia13
Forum MemberPosts: 76
Like?
Sigma front/back focus issues (and compatibility in general)?
11 months ago

Hi, I'm interested in getting the Sigma 17-70 C lens for Canon 650D and have read many good reviews of it. However, I've also read many accounts of front/back focusing problems with Sigma lenses in general. Some say don't worry as the new Sigma lenses will be able to be fine tuned with a USB dock, but such a feature is exactly what I don't want to deal with. I just want something that works out of the box, which I presume is what I would get with a Canon lens for a Canon body. Whether the price premium of Canon lens is justified for better piece of mind (among other things) is another matter. I also live in a country where retailers do not accept product return/refunds so would be at the mercy of Sigma's warranty policy and customer service, so can't afford to just test out a lens and return it to the store if not satisfied.

So my question to any forum members is how big of a risk is this (compatibility between Sigma lens and Camera body) and should I just stick with Canon lens for peace of mind if I'm willing to pay the price premium?

Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow