Adobe Goes All-In on Subscription Pricing Model.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Robert J. Atwell
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
Re: Apparently The Stock Market has been reading this thread !!!!
In reply to Antioch, 11 months ago

Maybe, the potential loss of users like myself who support the various governmental projects that require standalone systems that will never touch the net no less the cloud will cause Adobe to make some arrangements.  With the impact of sequester yet to be felt by many governmental departments and agencies any excuse to dump expensive software will be looked upon positively.  Imagine what would happen if the government stopped updating all their large seat licenses due to cost and security issues.  Not a pretty picture.  Now Adobe has provided both cost and security incentives to not renew existing subscriptions for people like me.  I'm a big proponent of Adobe products.   However, I won't support this kind of move which leaves standalone users out in the cold.  Adobe is the leader in their field but others catch up to them fairly quickly today.  That could make the switch to other products painful for a year or so but after that it'll be about asking our new software provider about when they are going to implement the latest Adobe functions in our new software.   Adobe is currently the best in their field but that can change if they lose large parts of their customer base.  Money does make the world go round and cloud support to the exclusion of standalone unconnected support will likely turn out to be an economic drain that I think slipped through the cracks.

-- hide signature --

Sincerely,
Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow