Adobe Goes All-In on Subscription Pricing Model.

Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
jharvey
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
Re: Even if the cloud was free... I still wouldn't want it
In reply to Antioch, May 7, 2013

Antioch wrote:

Marty4650 wrote:

Antioch wrote:

If Adobe charged maybe, $ 10 per month, then millions would sign on and there would be no piracy of any kind.

Maybe I'm unique.... but even if they gave away cloud service for free, I still wouldn't want it.

I like having my OWN files on my OWN hard drive.

I like ACTUALLY OWNING things I paid for or created myself.

This cloud thing is like renting a storage space. When you stop making payments you lose your property.  Then you end up with your stuff being auctioned off on some reality show!

Every single one of these scams has some fine print in it that says "prices and terms subject to change." What happens when they decide to raise that $50 a month to $100 a month?

I am against Adobe also with its cloud's pricing.

However, I want to clear up the cloud misconception by most. The files you create are your own. They can be on your hard drive. But you can also have them in the cloud drive (5 Gig worth). The advantage of having it in the cloud is, you can access them from anywhere (Something like Dropbox).

Before you quit subscribing to the Cloud service, you delete everything from the cloud and copy it to your hard disk or to Dropbox, Evernote or whatever.

Now, as far as the Cloud Software, you never can own it, after you quit the cloud service. But even the present software is not owned, you are only given perpetual license to use it. The only differance in the Cloud Software is, you cannot use it after expiration.

Regards

Unfortunately, though an ex-subscriber may still OWN their files, they won't be able to do anything with them unless they flatten their .psd files to jpegs or tiffs, or Indesign files to PDFs etc. No more ability to change a layer setting, or switch an image on an Indesign page, no resizing from a master psd file for multiple uses. And how long do you think it will take before 'updates' to CC programs ensure their files won't be able to be opened in CS software?...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow