Adobe Creative Suites going all Cloud, no more licences

Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alchin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,154
Like?
Re: I will NOT buy this.
In reply to Bohemien, May 7, 2013

Bohemien wrote:

I don't need a new version with minor improvements every year. Was a happy user of Office 2004 (on the Mac), skipped the unusable 2008 version and bought 2011 only after the 2004 version did not work anymore due to OS updates. Hell, I used the same functionality of the WORD PROCESSOR back in 1995, I don't need all these fancy colorful pages Word/PPT are able to produce!!!

Same with NX2. It processes my files perfectly, I prefer the workflow A LOT to Lightroom and Aperture. I'd use NX2 only for the fact it stores all my edit steps in the NEF file, undo-able, without having to create large TIFFs in between. The only thing I'd wish for is more of the Nik Plugins, why are they available only for LR/Aperture apart from Color Efex 3?

And now Adobe. The pricing is just ridiculous (a very BAD joke, in fact), even for the educational versions. I only bought CS6 2 months ago when Amazon had the special offer because I read something like this was coming, and do not plan to upgrade in a LONG time. Why should I pay monthly to always have the latest and greatest (I'm not a professional user, after all)?

For example, I was perfectly happy with FreeHand, it had all the functionality I ever needed for the rare illustrations I do for my job, I bought it in 2004 and wouldn't ever have needed a new version but for Apple to change things in the OS! (Apple being another of these examples, but at least my iPhone 3GS still works, albeit it shows age after only 4 years of use...)

I only hope many many people can afford to say STOP to Adobe (i.e. they don't depend on their stuff). I understand software companies (like all) have to survive by perpetually selling new products, but not like this. No, Adobe.

-- hide signature --

There is a work around for using NX and a 15% discount if you are interested.

Check Jason Odell site.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow