Started May 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vkphoto
Senior MemberPosts: 1,572
Like?
X-Pro1 vs. DP2M (quick comparison)
May 7, 2013

Most impractical purchase I have ever made!

I was thinking of buying Fujinon 18mm (already have 14mm and 35mm) for $599. Then I realized that for $200 more I can get Sigma DP1M, with 19mm lens and Foveon sensor.

After talking to other fellow photographers was quickly convinced to go with DP2M . Now I have two cameras (Fuji and Sigma), both with exotic APS-C sensors, both with tons of quirks and both with lenses in the same focal range. Still don’t have 18mm.

I got DP2M today and quickly compared just how much details each camera can render, I don't care about AF, AWB, ISO noise, etc at the moment. Both set to RAW, base ISO, A priority (5.6), converted to tiff (one in LR 4.4 and another one in SPP, default settings), both on a tripod.

XPRO1

DP2M

Compared at 100%

One more DP2M shot

100% crop

Do you see what I see?

To say the truth, my first impression was that my beloved Fujinon 35 is covered with grease.

Anyway, I am testing and re-testing now, using C1 and Aperture to process raf file....we'll see

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow