Read this before you buy a Fuji X.

Started May 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Randy Benter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,727Gear list
Like?
Re: ..... before you buy a Fuji X. Read also something else
In reply to Fenwoodian, May 7, 2013

Fenwoodian wrote:

...It's all a matter of mastering your equipment...IF you're willing to put the hours into mastering the technique.

You can paint a house with a Q-tip if your willing to put in the hours, but that doesn't mean it's the best tool for the job.

I don't understand all the replies bashing the OP. It is clear that some who replied did not even read the blog. His main point was that DSLRs are not dead and he said more positive things than negative about mirrorless. He never said you can't shoot fast moving subjects with a mirrorless camera, he said that a DSLR is a better tool for the job.

Size isn't the big difference that some make it out to be. A Canon T4i with 18-55 lens weighs the same as a X-Pro1 with 18-55 lens and isn't much larger. They both have APS-C sensors; the Canon is much cheaper, has faster AF, an articulating LCD and a built-in flash.

I personally use a Fuji because I don't care about the price and I don't shoot fast moving subjects, but I would recommend a small DSLR to most people.

Randy Benter's gear list:Randy Benter's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 70D Fujifilm X-A1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow