Adobe Goes All-In on Subscription Pricing Model.

Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,580Gear list
Like?
"Isn't a lot more expensive"
In reply to Abrak, May 7, 2013

Abrak wrote:

Wow. I dont really like the new scheme but I really isnt much to get excited about. It really isnt a lot more expensive.

I suppose it isn't a lot more expensive if you were in the habit of upgrading with every new edition. But many amateurs like myself would upgrade once every 5 years or so. For us, the CC is beyond our reach now.

It certainly is nice to have, but for many of us it just isn't necessary. We only use about 30% of the capabilities that are built into the program. And the new features are pretty much just gimmicks or minor enhancements. This is what I meant when I said Adobe will separate the serious users from the casual users. They are forcing us casual users to look elsewhere, and forcing the serious users to consider other options.  My guess is the serious users will pay the price.

I cant help but think the people complaining the most are those that didnt pay for the product in the first place.

I'd say you are 100% wrong about that. Thieves don't complain about prices, they just steal things. The folks complaining the loudest are so vocal because they feel the pain in their wallets.

And by the way... within six months some hacker in China will be selling pirated versions of the new program on ebay. Complete with ways to get around the cloud barriers.

The war against thieves never ends, and alienating your paying customers isn't a good solution for the pirating problem.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow