6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
springbock
Senior MemberPosts: 2,252
Like?
Re: 6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)
In reply to qianp2k, 11 months ago

qianp2k wrote:

springbock wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Once you can frame your subject into a portion of 6D VF that is not too small, 6D IQ wins hands down especially in low light. APS-C will still have an advantage in small birds that you'd have to crop 6D files heavily.

I brought 5D3 with the same 100-400L into the zoo in the past Sunday. Compared to previous sets done from my 60D, I found 5D3 photos are sharper despite I need to crop more. FF 6D/5D3 withstands cropping much better than APS-C.

The lions stayed at far end of the rock. I have to crop around 60% but it's still sharp even I cropped to 100% that is something my 60D cannot match.

-- hide signature --

Meh....

This is a 100% crop from the 7D. Far from soft or mushy!

Not very sharp and detailed either.  A bit of soft and mushy, and a bit overblown at bottom half of the head from what I see.  Since its FL is only 210mm, so 6D/5D3 in this case with 100-400L can beat it hands down in IQ - sharpness and details.  Show us wings in shadows for example that would see difference clearly.

LOL... your blind my friend! Did you view the original? Hands down smands down.... you're too funny!

-- hide signature --

'The truth is rarely pure and never simple' Oscar Wilde

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

'The truth is rarely pure and never simple' Oscar Wilde

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow