Adobe Goes All-In on Subscription Pricing Model.

Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mark3M
Regular MemberPosts: 393
Like?
Re: Not for Lightroom and not for Elements
In reply to Lee Jay, May 7, 2013

LJ is probably a beta tester.  I think he wrote that he was one in the past.  He sure advocates like one.  He just can't say whether he is because of the NDC.

And, just because adobe says they won't now, doesn't mean they won't in the future, especially when it is pirated more because of ps going to the cloud.

Going to the cloud will be adobe's New Coke moment.  Piracy will go down and so will purchase by all but the most wealthy.  The average shooter will find they don't need it as much as they thought they did.  So for most small professional photographers with a good volume, using an editing service will be a much more viable option, especially if they shoot judiciously.  New cameras have wonderful noise control that keeps getting better so that won't be as necessary. I have some obvious ideas about how to capture hd images that I'm sure camera manufacturers are working on.  As soon as that comes out, out-of-camera dr goes up significantly.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow