Adobe Goes All-In on Subscription Pricing Model.

Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
sanmaj
Regular MemberPosts: 395
Like?
Re: This is a no lose situation for Adobe
In reply to Marty4650, May 7, 2013

I don't see any of this as whining!

Adobe Photoshop has been the Gorilla in the room for a very long time. Fortunately for many people there are now other solid players in this arena. For me as an amateur photographer I have learned that I didn't really need all of that firepower in the first place. My bad!! So, Adobe's announcement, again for me, just means that I will really get serious about other products like Capture One, DXO, Photo Ninja, Lightroom (for as long as it lasts) and Aperture (Come on Apple, seize the moment and upgrade to Aperture 4). When Apple puts 1) slightly better noise reduction and 2) lens correctionI in Aperture, I could care less what Adobe does because I will be gone. I use these products now and only go to photoshop CS 6 with less than 5% of the work I do.

For professional photographers you've really got a decision to make. Do you continue to hitch your wagon to Adobe's specious train?

Well, just one person's opinion. Good luck to all, despite Adobe better days are coming.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow