Read this before you buy a Fuji X.

Started May 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
JimMc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,834Gear list
Like?
Re: ..... before you buy a Fuji X. Read also something else
In reply to KariP, May 7, 2013

KariP wrote:

Some good points - but usually people choose something  using their own special needs as guidelines. Not comparing cameras.  I have a 7D + several lenses and i did NOT buy Fuji X-E1 to replace the whole system.

You did not mention X-E1 or 18-55 zoom - you missed the best arguments  - light weight and versatility - IMO.

X-E1 with the zoom is nearly perfect for traveling light and getting high IQ images.  Perhaps i will later by some other Fujinon lens when i know what i really need. Perhaps the 10-24 ... not the 50-200

If i want to do some BIF or wildlife shooting , i will haul my 7D with a longer lens - there is no idea in creating a small body system with one huge tele-zoom.  Fuji is made for a small bag, some traveling/walking around or perhaps street photography.  And also for indoor shooting without a flash  - high IQ  with high ISO and low noise compared t any DSLR.

My advice for shoppers is to think first what YOU need - not what Fuji or a DSLR can or can not. I needed a portable  system for some special needs that I have - and a DSLR could not do that. If a camera + just one lens weighs 1400g   and the other system half of it.... try carrying them hanging on your neck for 8 hours.  You will know...

-- hide signature --

Kari
SLR photography started in 1968, Canon DSLR cameras, lenses and now also a Fuji X-E1
60.21 N 24.86 E

Very well put.

JimMc's gear list:JimMc's gear list
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow