Your experience with the Qflash T5dR

Started May 7, 2013 | Questions thread
Arved
Senior MemberPosts: 1,395
Like?
Re: Your experience with the Qflash T5dR
In reply to Sam Carleton, May 7, 2013

Sam Carleton wrote:

I have owned Lumedyne for a long, long time and I LOVE it, the only thing I miss is TTL.  I am thinking about getting a Qflash T5dR to gain TTL and I would love to hear others experience with the flash.

I don't own one, but I was a "voice activated lightstand" for a local pro who had several. The flash foot broke on two of the flash units, and I had a heck of a time keeping the softbox on it (that attaches the same way the reflector does). I once had a flash bulb fall out - fortunately it popped into the the softbox.

Overall, I liked the results we were getting, but I don't think the build quality is up to the pricepoint. Better than my Sunpak 120J, but I never broke the foot off my 'J, either. Retail price on the T5DR being about 10x what the 'J was, and about 3x what a used T2D goes for, I expect better. I dunno - maybe she abused her flash units before I signed on.

Strange thing was, as a "Pro" the photographer refused to use TTL. I think she'd have been better off with a T2D. Those have a repurtation of being built like a tank, but they don't do TTL.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

-- hide signature --

- Arved
'Highlights next to shadows to create detail, depth, dimension and added color saturation.' - David Ziser

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow