Read this before you buy a Fuji X.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,035Gear list
Like?
Re: Read this before you buy a Fuji X.
In reply to ahuyevshi, 11 months ago

ahuyevshi wrote:

Like you my first dslr was a 10d and the xe1 focuses much faster than that thing ever did. I'll never get rid of my 5d2 but a general statement that you need a dslr to shoot kids and pets is false.

I haven't shot paid work in years and I'd rather always have a camera with me than one I'd rather leave in the car because I don't feel like dragging a bag with several heavy lenses.

A few weeks ago I bought a d7100 with a 16-85 because I wanted to see if a lighter dslr rig would work for me. After a full weekend of dragging it around I realized why I was happy with a mirrorless. I'd rather enjoy outings with my kid than fiddling with settings and spending a huge amount of time behind the vf.

I'm a full manual shooter and having shutter and aperture available at my finger tips is important for me as it allows me to get the shot and move on.

As you said it's a tool, I'm happy with mine.

my D300 and 16-85 was my most used, go to, combo before the XE1 and zoom. Now that just fells big and old. The FF guys needed the nikon 24-120 which is bigger and heavier. Smaller, lighter, with great IQ just makes photography more fun. I guess the Leica guys knew this all along but most of us could not afford to give that a try, now fuji has made that happen....

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow