Creatrive Suite is dead...the future is?

Started May 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PenguinPhotoCo
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,053Gear list
Like?
Creatrive Suite is dead...the future is?
May 7, 2013

Better or worse?

http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/06/adobe-goes-all-in-with-subscription-based-creative-cloud-will-stop-selling-regular-cs-licenses-shrink-wrapped-boxes/

Going forward, Scott Morris, the head of Adobe’s Creative cloud and creative suite team told me last week, this will be the only way to get access to its tools. The company will continue to sell CS6 for the time being, but it’s not clear for how long. The New Creative Cloud apps will be available June 17.

The company has no plans to release any new versions of Creative Suite going forward, but Adobe will ensure that every CS6 application will run on the next version of OS X and Windows. It will also provide the usual bug fixes and security patches, but it won’t add any new features to the tools.

To make the transition easier for current users, Adobe will allow everybody who currently owns a license to CS3 and up to subscribe to Creative Cloud for $29.95 per month for limited time. It will also offer similar price reductions to users who just bought stand-alone products like Photoshop.

So how will this affect LR? ACR? When the next camera comes out will my CS5/6 not read the raw files? So to use PS in the future (other than a soon to be outdated, unsupported version) I'll have to spend $360 a year?????

Anyone use CC cloud now? How does it work, does it differ? I've never used a cloud program. I'll have a lot of images to edit, plug ins I've bought, etc...do the plugins work/ or not? Will my images be uploaded to work on them? I don't understand...other than my pocket is being picked.

Wait - since our customers want digital files, how about instead of $80 a file or whatnot, i'ts $5/a month? You don't pay the files quit being visible!
I know some music is sold this way so the precedent has been set.

-- hide signature --

Vision without execution is hallucination. T. Edison.
My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value

PenguinPhotoCo's gear list:PenguinPhotoCo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow