6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,840
Like?
Nice
In reply to qianp2k, May 7, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Even that small size of the photo before cropping is not that sharp. FF cameras such as 5D III is noticeably sharper, LOL

Do you have the full size examples of these to share? They seem a bit lacking in detail. Would be nice to compare to the full size to see. Good Color and Low noise though.

Don't be fooled by amount of furs when you judge sharpness and details.

You don't have them? That's unfortunate. The crops don't look like really 100%, but indeed sharp enough. Lacking in detail/resolution only. You did fine with the compromises you were faced with. Nice job in that regard. It would appear that ones ability to severely crop, and still present a good/usable picture at moderate size, is indeed not limited by format. Thanks for sharing.

They are sharp

Yes very (sharpness is subjective) good job here.

and detailed.

Not as much (resolution is objective) but unnecessary with the first subject...might be more noticeable/helpful with the second.

5D3 files have very nice 100% cropped IQ under ISO 1600. I usually don't crop more than 50% of my 60D files.

Yes, you would be more restricted with 60D files. Still a fine camera though, very capable. Thanks again for sharing. It would seem that one now has great leeway cropping with either format with the current gen sensors. A great time to be snapping away.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow