ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
atticus182
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
Mirrorless Grip project - Need your opinions
11 months ago

Hello guys!

I am a student at university in Mecanical Engineering. I need to do a final project to have my diploma.

As you know, the mirrorless cameras are greater each year and a lot of person sell their dSLR to go smaller. The problem is that a smaller camera is not ergonomic when you have to do some shooting/wedding. It hurts at long time. And not everybody can afford a dSLR for pro stuff and a mirrorless for everyday photos.

So, I have to create an accessory that can be put under the body by the thread for the tripod. I would like to do something that can help the ergonomy, the comfort and the usefullness. So, when you want to have a small camera to carry, let the body nude. And if you want more comfort with big lenses, put the grip on and go for it! The camera I own is the Sony NEX-6.

Here is an exemple of a similar accessory, but I want something with more. http://www.jimbuchananspace.com/Sony_NEX_camera_Grip.html

So, more grip, batterie access, sling shot ring under, side tripod threads, advance tripod thread for big lenses, detached parts, etc etc! Give me your opinions and what you want! If you would want something to have the best camera ever (physically), what you want to be in this accessory?

What do you think about this :

1) Multi interchangeable parts design

2) Different sizes interchangeable grip for best comfort (different material could me cool like wood, aluminium, leather, etc.)

3) Sling shot strap connector

4) Side thread for tripod in vertical mode

5) Battery grip if possible

6) Grip on the rear side of the body to maintain more comfortably the camera (thumb)

7) Accessibility to the AV/USB and battery compartment.

8) Light weight

9) others

Thanks a lot for your help, and maybe if the grip is nice and not expensive, I could sell it soon.

View: original size

View: original size

Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow