Aperture beach ball on new iMac

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jacques Cornell
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,000Gear list
Like?
Possible workaround
In reply to msjhaffey, May 7, 2013

msjhaffey wrote:

In addition, this happens in specific circumstances: when I an doing something like skin-smoothing with a color overlay so IO can see where I've applied the smoothing.

This is a pretty processor-intensive operation.

On memory:  I have 32GB.  I am running a  few other things, but even when I am not, the same situation occurs.

That's certainly plenty. I have 16GB and in my 2012 13" i7 MBP and no performance issues at all.

One trick that helped on my 2007 MBP with only 4GB RAM was to temporarily turn off most or all of the adjustment bricks before doing a lot of brushing. If you've applied a lot of adjustments - especially Definition and Edge Sharpen - this can really boost responsiveness.

Still, a new iMac with 32GB RAM and a Fusion drive should not be having responsiveness issues...

Unless... what kind of files are you working on? Something huge like D800?

-- hide signature --

'No matter where you go, there you are.'

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow