If you're going to complain about Adobe CC, at least understand it!

Started May 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 44,312Gear list
Like?
If you're going to complain about Adobe CC, at least understand it!
May 7, 2013
  • The software will not be in the cloud, it will be installed on your local machine as always.
  • You do not have to store your images or other files in the cloud if you don't want to.
  • If you lose your internet connection, the product will still work.
  • It will not use a lot of bandwidth unless you choose to store your work in the cloud.
  • While it will phone home every 30 days, you don't lose access until after 180 days without a connection.
  • Your CS6 perpetual license will still be perpetual, and you can still buy a new one if you want to.
  • ACR 8 will be supported on CS6 for camera support updates, at least for a while.
  • Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, and Premier Elements are not part of this but if you choose to subscribe to the CC, you'll get Lightroom with your subscription.
  • Lightroom 5 will be available as a stand-alone product with perpetual license as before.
  • Lightroom 5 will get free camera-support and bug-fix updates as did LRs 1-4.
  • Lightroom 6 will be under active internal development during the LR5 cycle, just as the other versions were.

To me, this whole announcement is a non-issue for photographers, as PS hasn't been about photography for a long time anyway.  LR does 99.9% of what I need done, and I have used Elements for pixel editing of the other 0.1% since the CS2 days.  It's cheaper, faster, and easier to use, at least for me.

Just for the record, I'll never rent my software.  In fact, I hate renting anything other than a car and a hotel room when I'm on vacation.  I buy things out-right and keep them as long as I want to.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

 Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow