Adobe Goes All-In on Subscription Pricing Model.

Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Robert J. Atwell
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
Re: Adobe Goes All-In on Subscription Pricing Model.
In reply to Prstl2, May 7, 2013

I have been using Adobe Photoshop for well over a decade and the CS Suite since it came out.  I work in an environment where standalone is a must not a nice to have.  I'll continue to use CS6 but I am now going to be looking for replacement software going forward because I can't use the cloud for a large portion of my work.  It won't be long before my operating systems will be incompatible with Adobe CS6 for some reason associated with security, etc. and when that happens I'll still have to get my work done.  If Adobe has chosen not to support the standalone environment that I live in I understand their decision.  I applaud their leadership in the photo and video editing world.  I love their tools, but if it won't work in my environment then I need to find other tools that will work in my environment and they won't be Adobe.  Other software manufacturers will fill the void left by Adobe. The cloud may be the way of the future but standalone and limited connectivity environments make up a large fraction of the work that I do and that will not change in even the distant future.  So for me I'll now be relegated to using CS6 a while longer and will shift as necessary to some other manufacturer's software as CS6 becomes obsolete.  I will miss Adobe when that happens, but I'd rather be employed than unemployed.   The cloud solution is not viable for me.  I wish it was but it isn't.  Thankfully, there are alternatives.
--
Sincerely,
Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow