Read this before you buy a Fuji X.

Started May 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
DaveJC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,747Gear list
Like?
Re: Read this before you buy a Fuji X.
In reply to Father Anderson, May 7, 2013

I guess that is why most people are adding a MILC to their Dslr setup. My Dslr does do several things much better than either the Fuji EX1 or my Sigma DPxM cameras. For these activities, I keep it. I still prefer it for macro, I have a nice macro ring flash and both a Pentax DFA 100 and Zeiss 50 macros that are superb. Birding and wild life also falls into the Dslr camp as alluded to in the OP statements. No 400 f4s out there just yet for any brand. But day to day and on the street or on a nature hike, it would almost always be a MILC on my hip. A vacation through Southern cities also, as I want to enjoy myself, not be a pack mule. So the OP is right and you should understand the limitations of the gear you buy. But knowing all of them, I still think they are a great for what they do do well and as time goes by, each they will add more capabilities. Some day, Dslrs will be dead, but hell, some people still shoot film.

-- hide signature --

DaveJC

DaveJC's gear list:DaveJC's gear list
Fujifilm X-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow