Read this before you buy a Fuji X.

Started May 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bernie Ess
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,928Gear list
Like?
Re: Read this before you buy a Fuji X.
In reply to ahuyevshi, May 7, 2013
your conclusion statement

"But DSLRs are not for sport and wildlife shooters only. If you have young kids you are definitely better off with an entry level DSLR compared to even the best mirror less camera money can buy today."

is so far from the truth that I don't even know what to say. I'm a Fuji Fanboi but I know it's limitations and for that I have a 5D2 with a couple great L lenses. I don't plan on shooting motorsports or birds in flight with the X100/X100s or my XE1 but my daughter is 5 and I've never had a problem capturing her with a mirrorless..

He said "if you have young kids you are better off with an etry level  DSLR" and he is perfectly right. Of course you will get sharp in focus shots with an X-E1, specially if you prefocus, but the X-E1 will make you miss much more shots than a DSLR. I have been using DSLRs since the first years (2003) and have never had the issues I am having with mirrorless (Nex and Fuji) constantly. Sometimes the AF will simply not lock on a face because the light is flat or slightly in the shadow where the DSLR will have no problem.

Also when focussing, the viewfinder always pumps and blocks for maybe 0,5 - 1s and makes focussing a sort of a hit and miss game.

I like the Fuji for a lot of reasons, but it is not a very reactive camera.

-- hide signature --

'All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice.' (Elliot Erwitt)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow