Adobe Goes All-In on Subscription Pricing Model.

Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
MPA1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,714Gear list
Like?
Re: Aperture, Capture One, Photo Ninja looking good......
In reply to sanmaj, May 7, 2013

sanmaj wrote:

Well I wonder whether Apple can see the opportunity here! Many people will start looking elsewhere and just keep their "perpetual" products. Aperture is not very far behind Lightroom as it is, and for many Aperture has become the editing software of choice. Sure you can do a heck of a lot of very fancy things with photoshop, but other developer products are getting really, really good e.g. Photo Ninja. Some people will go to Capture One for quality as well. I don't know about you but I've come to the conclusion that I can certainly live without photoshop. Photoshop will become almost exclusively a professional product and the money they are currently making with enthusiast will go away. Watch and see!

I also agree with someone who said Adobe, I think, is running out of really creative update ideas for photoshop. Look at what is being touted right now, "Blur Removal", are you kidding me!! There are so many ways to minimize blur in today's photography world that this, on the part of Adobe, is a joke.

So come on Apple, Capture One and Photo Ninja you've just been handed a boatload of clients! Let's get going.

Aperture is not at all behind Apple. Indeed for Fuji X cameras, now that it finally supports them, I gather it does a better job of it.

Mind you I sold my Fuji X system because I tired of waiting. Aperture does a lovely job with my Nikon files and with my Lumix GH3 files though.

I've had Aperture since it was released and avoided PS like the plague.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow