Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eme123
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Giottos MT 8270 tripod questions
11 months ago

Hello, I'm new to the forum and quite new to the world of photography. I recently received a gift in the form of a giottos mt-8270 tripod and I was hoping for feedback on a couple things:

1) Has anyone had experience with this tripod and/or the giottos brand? I could not find much about it online. Would it be worth keeping or could I find something better for around the same price of $300-$400? It is carbon fiber, weighs 1.65kg and can hold 10kg. It has a center column that can be reversed.

2) What would be a good ballhead for this tripod? I'm able to spend around $300, and it needs to support my heaviest lens 70-200 2.8 with some room for the possibility of heavier lenses in the future. Are there any benefits of a ballhead of the same brand or should I look into other brands? I was looking at the markins q3 or q10, but I have not heard of this legs/head combination before. Any comments /suggestions /experiences?

Thank you in advance!

Pentax Q10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow