What should be done with cheats ? Part 5 :-(

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pat Curley
Regular MemberPosts: 301
Like?
Challenge 'Bokeh isolation'
In reply to Deleted pending purge, May 7, 2013

The challenge ‘Bokeh isolation’ (Host: Mr Scorpio) http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Challenge.aspx?ID=8224has just closed.

The host imposed a capture date rule (images must be captured on or after 23 April 2013) and a camera type rule (images must be captured by an Olympus or Panasonic m4/3 camera).   The challenge attracted 113 entries.

The following 20 images are in breach of one or both these rules by reason of capture date manipulation and/or ineligible camera type.   This represents just short of 18% (almost one in five) ineligible entries!  Who now says cheating is not a problem in DPR challenges?

The following images have had their EXIF data removed – I’ll leave it to members to draw their own conclusions.

I will send a private message to the host.  If he does not act, could I ask, as a matter of fairness to those who entered valid images (and to those with the integrity not to enter invalid images), that members who are interested in restoring the integrity of the challenge system please take the time to vote 0.5 for each of the ineligible entries?   Please also vote as you see fit for all the other entries, including those from which the EXIF data has been removed (for whatever reason!)

Those who are maintaining lists of cheats may wish to take note.

PC

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow