The sequence order of your prime lens purchases?

Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
drcPhoto
Regular MemberPosts: 358Gear list
Like?
The sequence order of your prime lens purchases?
May 6, 2013

This might be a question that has no right answer and would be different for every photographer, but I would still be interested in some feedback.  I presently have the Lumix GH3 and the 12-35mm and 35-100mm zoom lenses.  Down the road I also want to have a few prime lenses for both photos and my video.  Some prime lenses on my wish list are:  the Olympus 75mm, the Olympus 45mm, the Voigtlander 17.5mm, and most likely the Panasonic 20mm lens.  I am still uncertain about an ultra-wide prime.

I know most purchases are ultimately decided on the amount of use it will get and type of photography a person would do with it, but what would your order of purchasing prime lenses and your percentage relative use of each on these types of lenses?  Any other lenses you might put on "must have" or " should have" primes?

Right now I am leaning in the direction of getting the 20mm 1.7 lens first and then the Olympus 75mm.

Thanks for your feedback,

Dale

drcPhoto's gear list:drcPhoto's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Olympus E-M1 Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +21 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow