Adobe Goes All-In on Subscription Pricing Model.

Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 44,062Gear list
Like?
Re: Not for Lightroom and not for Elements
In reply to Marcin 3M, May 6, 2013

Marcin 3M wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

bpdougd wrote:

From talking with others you appear to be correct. Sigh. Hardly the first time I have gotten bum info from Adobe support.

I guarantee you I'm correct:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/05/lightroom-and-the-creative-cloud.html

"Q. Will Lightroom 5 be included as part of Adobe Creative Cloud?

A. Yes.  Lightroom 5 will be delivered to Creative Cloud members at no extra charge when it’s available.

Q. Will I still be able to purchase Lightroom 5 outside of the Creative Cloud

A. Yes. Lightroom 5 will continue to be available as a standalone product, available for purchase as an Electronic Software Download(ESD) or as a boxed product with a traditional perpetual license."

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Q. For how long lr5 will be outside cloud?

A. For a time long enough to establish it as a monopoly on the market, and make it absolute need for a few million of pros.

Q. How will You discover, that it is a good time to move lr to a cloud only app?

A. Lr engine will report data about volumes of images, the level of tagging, frequency of usage of search engine etc. As soon as we will have hundred thousand of users that are totally dependent from lr, we will cancel perpetual licence and move it to the cloud.

Elements didn't move to the cloud either.  LR isn't in the target market for the cloud.  It's really targeted at graphics arts professionals, animators, movie editors and so on, not individual photographers.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Prstl2 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow