D600 oil design problem - latest serial # - is it fixed ?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ScottRH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,547
Like?
Re: D600 oil design problem - latest serial # - is it fixed ?
In reply to KennyXL, 11 months ago

KennyXL wrote:

ScottRH wrote:

What is the latest serial number and is the oil on the sensor fixed ?

I bought a D600 in-store from Best Buy a couple weeks ago.  I bought the last one they had in the stock (or that is what I was told which I have no reason to disbelieve) and I was shocked to find the serial # to be 300####.  In other words, it must have been sitting in a forgotten corner for months if I understand how these serial numbers work.  I took phenomenal pictures, but it did develop about 12 dust spots that I could see.  I've never had to use a rocket blower before, but I decided that the pictures were too good to not put up a fight so I ordered on on Amazon and the dust spots seemed to go away.  I decided to test the camera a couple days later by setting it to f/11 and shooting a blue sky and, sure enough, at least 2 spots that I could see.  I decided, as much as I really liked the camera, to return it to Best Buy and pick up a D800.  To be honest, I liked the D600 more, but I didn't want to have to deal with the issues.  I am more than willing to re-visit the camera once there is a verified fix from Nikon.  It's a tremendous camera and probably more suited for me than the D800.

By the way...the D800 may have some focusing issue on the left side.  Coincidentally, they told me this was the last one they had on stock as well...

Yes thanks. that is an old SN. SN around 607xxxx have been reported to have the issue.

My opinion is we wait for one of the replacements - D600s or D750. i personally dont want the D800/e landscape camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow