>>>Saturday B&W Thread - 5/4/2013>>>

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
BYRON MCD 77-81
Regular MemberPosts: 224Gear list
Like?
Re: Amanogawa
In reply to in_focus, May 6, 2013

Every time I see your shots, my mind goes back to when I was a kid and I used to travel from the UK down to Greece on a bus. From the age of twelve, I came down every summer in order to spend the summer with my mum. I always looked forward to the Alpine stretch of the journey. Austria and Slovenia was always the best part. In 1979, being a poor student, I purchased a second hand JAWA 350 634, borrowed some cash and came down with my girlfriend (leaving a trail of smoke behind us). I remember ending up at some border post really high up where Slovenia, Austria and Italy meet. Can't remember the name of that particular point of entry, but what I do remember is the border guardsĀ  astonishment at seeingĀ  Brits on a JAWA 350. It was party time. I can tell you that we were very popular with them on that day. Same happened when we got to the Yugoslav-Greek border and when we finally made the journey back at the end of that summer.

Always like looking at your shots.

All the best

Byron.

BYRON MCD 77-81's gear list:BYRON MCD 77-81's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-30 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
B&W?New
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow