SL1 and G1X - anyone here with both of these cameras ?

Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
c.hammett
Forum ProPosts: 11,566Gear list
Like?
SL1 and G1X - anyone here with both of these cameras ?
May 6, 2013

I have the G1X and love it.  I also have the SX40 as a backup,  and I liked it initially, but I'm not a tele shooter and have little use for it for that purpose.  I am interested in the SL1 since it will take  all of my Canon lenses which I use with my 7D and other xxD cameras I've owned.

I like the  idea of a really small DSLR,  as I've had basal joint replacement surgery in both wrists and find it uncomfortable to use my bigger cameras. I have never been interested in the other Rebels, but this SL1 i does interest me due to its smaller size.  However,  often the idea and the reality don't mesh !

SO.....  My question for anyone who might own the G1X, is how do you feel about the IQ of the SL1 and what do you especially like or dislike about it. ....  and (as an afterthought / edit ), does the shutter button still activate AF on half-press like most dSLR's ?

Thanks for any opinions !

carolyn

-- hide signature --

Ranger a.k.a chammett
http://www.pbase.com/chammett
'elegance is simplicity'

c.hammett's gear list:c.hammett's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow