Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Keith Z Leonard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,457Gear list
Like?
Re: So, rumor has it...
In reply to Great Bustard, May 6, 2013

Great Bustard wrote:

Keith Z Leonard wrote:

I'd love to see Sigma put out a 24-70 f2.8 OS Art with FLD glass that can stand up to the Canon L.  Maybe in the 1000-1300$ range?  That would make my day.

But they'd be competing against Canon's and Tamron's latest releases in that market.  But, for sure, there's a big market for a normal zoom, and if they can make theirs a compelling choice over the competition...

They compete with them in lots of markets, and really they'd be in competition with the Tammy for making a quality standard zoom with stabilization.  The Canon costs so much more that I think it's probably a bit different market.  It'd be great if they could compete there optically like their 17-50 dies with the Canon 17-55, but they really only need to be close to or better than the Tamron.

Keith Z Leonard's gear list:Keith Z Leonard's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow