An Open Letter to Simon Joinson, Editor-in-Chief, DPR.

Started May 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tim A2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,099
Like?
Re: Should I be optimistic?
In reply to RaptorUK, May 6, 2013

RaptorUK wrote:

Tim A2 wrote:

Is my understanding correct or am I niave?

You are naive . . .  to my knowledge DPR has never closed an account for Cheating,  they have closed accounts for having multiple IDs, the ironic thing is that they were doing this without actually telling anyone in any published rules that it was "verboten"  ,  it was only added to the Forum rules quite recently ( 7 months ago ) .

And then when a clear case of multiple IDs  is highlighted to them they say . . .

"While it is clear that is the same image, we have no way of determining whether that is the same person. It is 2 separate accounts with different emails, IP addresses, and so on. One of the users may have downloaded the image and re-worked it, or perhaps they are friends, or perhaps it is the same person. But we cannot determine that unfortunately."

. . .  the actions speak louder than the words . . .

You are probably right, as always, but I want to be optimistic. After all Simon did say, "For now, keep reporting them to me, and I'll keep killing their accounts. It's all I can do." I wouldn't say you are being pessimistic, though, more like realistic. Wouldn't it be so simple and effective if the hosts reported em and DPR eliminated them.

Tim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow