This is a very special lens.

Started May 5, 2013 | User reviews thread
Bob Corson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?
90 mm Tamron Di Macro.
In reply to muratscott, May 6, 2013

Surprised that no one mentioned this Tamron macro. It is a beauty! Very sharp, low distortion and abberation numbers. It does have a focus limiter. Focus is quick and accurate. About 2 ounces heavier then the Pentax. I looked long and hard at both the Pentax and the Tamron and finally decided that based upon what I want to use it for would not involve being outdoors in the rain or other adverse conditions and therefore WR rating wasn't worth a lot to me. Based upon looking at reviews the Tamron was well rated and had slightly lower but still very good resolution, lower distortion, less vignetting and abberations. Given the price difference I opted for the Tamron. With the savings I am going looking for another lens . . .or maybe hang on a bit and get a really good Prime lens around 35 mm.

Haven't had it long but am very pleased with it!

Bob

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson

Bob Corson's gear list:Bob Corson's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JeffNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow