It's really a shame.....

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Couper
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Re: It's really a shame.....
In reply to fotolopithecus, May 6, 2013

I recently picked up a 7100 after struggling with the choices between that, the D600 and the D800, and a big part of that struggle related to the rumored dust and oil problems.

In the end I concluded that while the dust and oil issue is real, it isn't disastrous, doesn't affect all of the bodies produced, and can be resolved.

Which left me with the choice between those three bodies.  Ultimately I didn't buy the D600 due to the small-ish area covered by the focus points and I didn't buy the D800/E because I expect the next generation to include better bandwidth and a larger buffer for saving files.

I really wanted a "D400", but that doesn't appear to be happening.  The D7100 checks off a lot of the boxes that I need and does it for a very reasonable price... and should make a great second body to have available when I do go FF.

Buy or don't buy based on your own preferences and perceived product value, whether that's Nikon, Canon, Leica, Pentax, etc.  And feel free to offer your opinions with the hope that Nikon will see the discussion and consider how best to improve their business.  Their success - as well as Canon's and the other manufacturers' - benefits us all.

Mike

Couper's gear list:Couper's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow