External drive

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,206Gear list
Like?
Re: External drive
In reply to Christopher D Mann, May 6, 2013

Christopher D Mann wrote:

I have a mid 2011 27in  iMac and I am wanting to get a external hard drive for it. I have one firewire port and two thunderbolt ports. I want to use the thunderbolt ports if possible. I am using Lightroom 4 and I have been storing photos on a time capsule but very slow to bring photos into Lightroom from it and now realizing that is not Time capsules intended purpose. I have looked at the 2TB LaCie thunderbolt units but they seem to get mixed reviews. Just wondering if anyone has a good suggestion. Thanks

I currently have two thunderbolt enabled G-Tech's which work very well.

However, they just ignored my third email to tech service, so if you ever need service I think you might be out of luck.  I wouldn't buy another for this reason.

-- hide signature --

One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow