**The Weekly 4/3 DSLR Images 13 05 06**

Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
photophile
Forum ProPosts: 12,971Gear list
Like?
Re: Forever Fab?
In reply to 19andrew47, May 6, 2013

googoogajoob! It is strange seeing what is now an almost 50 year old band still being advertised as if new. But the music has remained timeless - and for that reason, there will probably still be posters/pictures (whatever the technology at the time will be) of the mop-tops in another 50 years time. Hard to believe that some "experts" predicted as early at 1960 that rock n roll music was a passing fad and would probably not last the decade.

The Beatles were a bit before my time - but growing up in the UK, I had obviously heard of them and seen the old pictures on TV many times. However, I hadn´t really appreciated the music fully. A friend of mine back in 1988 bought a new fangled thing called a DVD player - so he was (foolishly) throwing/giving away all his tape cassettes! I was a student at the time - so I rescued about half of his collection - many of which were full Beatles Albums.  While studying, I played the tapes - and it was only then that I realised "wow!!" Beatles music is...weird/different/strange/catchy...hard to put it into any category. When I heard "Piggies" I thought - what was THAT!!?? Suffice to say I now have my own complete collection of all Beatles Albums and know every song by heart!

-- hide signature --

AH

photophile's gear list:photophile's gear list
Olympus Stylus 840 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-750 UZ Olympus E-500 Olympus E-510 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow