The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 20,761Gear list
Like?
Re: The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....
In reply to jennyrae, May 6, 2013

jennyrae wrote:

not really. my attitude is good.  time is precious on taking pictures opposed to having debate that go on forever without resolve. truth be told, clients and people in general don't ask technology of camera. they just chose and love picture. only nerd people waste time on math debate.

Jenny, David has a point though.

Many people, like you, mainly care about getting a tool you like, something for making images. Several here (and elsewhere) are of that kind. If I am allowed to make a rough generalization, such people often do not take part of technical discussions. They might even dislike such discussions, and in extreme cases even dislike that others make such discussions.

David's point was - that with such an attitude you can never invent and design new tools, like the Foveon sensor. Moreover, you cannot with that state of mind either do trustworthy reviews or comparisons of e.g. cameras.

Lin made a comparison between two cameras and called it an observation. He, you and others, found that an interesting observation.

David and me and others found the observation not so interesting, because how it was done made it biased. And therefore it exaggerated greatly the advantage of the Foveon camera. Lin, you and others found that nit picking. Because we know the Foveon camera is better, so what's wrong with a comparison that shows that?

Maybe for Lin and maybe for you its OK.

Personally I am more of a scientific guy, a nerd if you so wish. And I am most interested in as unbiased comparisons as possible. I am working with research and development. Technological things, that have to work, cannot be designed by wishful thinking only. You need some real facts.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow