The Dark side - older iMac

Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,647Gear list
Like?
Re: The Dark side - older iMac
In reply to Erik Ohlson, May 6, 2013

Erik Ohlson wrote:

Hi, Geoff, nice to hear from a warm country! Haven't noticed you on the panny forum for a while.

Is there any software or the like involved in using two screens?

It would seem that something like that would have to be done if the two screens displayed different parts of an extended desktop.

I may be getting in over my head, hereĀ 

No, OS handles multiple displays without any problem (has done so for 20 years). Just plug it in, and OSX will recognise the second display, it's obvious enough in the Displays control panel. You can drag the icon around to place it where you like in the arrangement, and even drag the menu bar around to swap the primary display. Tick the mirroring button if you want that rather than extended desktop.

On the second display, you can bung separate items, such as more desktop icons, open extra windows, or place toolbox panels on it - I use it for the Pages Info box myself. Aperture can be set to display a full size image on the secondary display, while still showing a grid view and navigation panels on the primary display.

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt
Using Olympus E-420 and Apple Mac Mini '09.

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow