Photoshop Elements 11 Organizer: Full screen view of lower quality than with PSE 10 and before?!

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
John Marsh
Regular MemberPosts: 323Gear list
Like?
Re: Photoshop Elements 11 Organizer: Full screen view of lower quality than with PSE 10 and before?!
In reply to PolarHki, 11 months ago

PolarHki wrote:

Adobe just confirmed to me in a support chat that this is a feature of PSE 11!! When you press F11 in organizer, the full-screen image that you view actually comes from a pre-stored thumbnail with lower resolution. Only after you watch the picture in full-screen at 100%, it loads the full resolution image, which is why there is another loading delay in that step. This has been changed from earlier versions including PSE 10, apparently in order to save memory and make the program faster.

However, effectively this means that after all the work a photographer did, using expensive equipment in order to get sharp, high-resolution images, the PSE 11 organizer lets them watch you in full screen only in thumbnail quality!! (Unless each time you click first to 100% view, and then back to "fit to screen" view.)

They have taken this up to the next higher support layer, at least. I hope that they at least make an option to load the full-quality picture right away when pressing F11. (Like it was in all previous PSE versions.).

Hello PolarHki,

I am wondering if you have ever gotten follow-up information from Adobe on this issue? I am thinking about upgrading to PSE 11 but this "feature" would be a real negative for me. Amazon has just come out with a US$20 discount on the program so I wonder if a new version may be on the horizon.

John

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow