The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
victorgv
Contributing MemberPosts: 929Gear list
Like?
Re: The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....
In reply to Raist3d, May 6, 2013

Give me  a brake you get digital you will get jaggies no matter what or you get mushed jaggies or you have to interpolate in a viewer . Which actually viewers for fractal compression did.

At least one like 10 years ago did. I remember converting low resolution jpg to fractal and be able to read chip model number on photo of circuit board. Was totally unreadable when it was in jpeg. Optical AA filter does what should be done in software not hardware. If You look very carefully d800 versus d800e you will still see colour moire in both of them only d800e has more of it.

Raist3d wrote:

victorgv wrote:

Raist3d wrote:I have thought about this myself.  I actually like the micro contrast Foveon usually gives you but when people say "it looks like film" I wonder if people really are looking at a film shot when making that comparison

...........................................................................................................................--

I actually did . My first sigma camera was original DP1 i owned Sony and Casio before that and totally hated appearance of noise . When i got sigma i was very pleasantly surprised because image and even noise reminded me of film.

Last time I checked film didn't give you jaggies. One thing that the DP line gave a lot of (previous sensor) was photos with jaggies (stair steps in edges/diagonals).  There are other aspects that may look more like film (and like DMILLER said, which film) but a lot of the color response and blotching I see with the new sensor are definitively not like film.  Same with the super mega sharpness.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

victorgv's gear list:victorgv's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow