D600 oil design problem - latest serial # - is it fixed ?

Started May 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 20,389Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 oil design problem - latest serial # - is it fixed ?
In reply to Nikonfan99, May 6, 2013

Nikonfan99 wrote:

I agree. When I first brought this issue up it was the same thing. He kept posting that he has no issue and made it seem like just send it in and all will be fine. When asked how much he has shot he said a very low number. I was explaining that this issue may not show up till later in the life of the camera (in my case 2,000+ shots in) to which I dont think he had much of a response. I think he has placed me on his ignore list which is fine with me.

Actually, you are not on my ignore list. The image I posted of Arches NP (last week) was NEC 2284. The last image was Nec 2313. No dust, no oil. I have a first and last name, 2 web sites, and can be easily contacted - including my home phone. I have been a contributing member of dpreview for over 12 years (18,263 posts). I am not anonymous and probably have a lot better official Nikon contacts than most posters here - including yourself. Your "name", Nikonfan, seems to be very misleading being that over 90% of your posts are rants against Nikon. It is what it is.

Nikon was in total denial at first and I feel under pressure released a statement and that statement did not say much that we did not already know. It is the same as it was day one. Buy a d600 and hope you dont have the issue as bad as some people do. Most users will not notice it unless they know what to look for...but some know what to look for but like to live in denial. I am not saying every d600 will have the issue. That is foolish but enough do that it can be a problem for SOME. Steve also said his d7000 never had backfocus or dust/lubricant so I guess he has been lucky. I dont have that kind of luck but do have cleaning supplies from copper hill images

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow