Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 9,938Gear list
Like?
Re: So, rumor has it...
In reply to joger, May 6, 2013

joger wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

. . . You can shoot whatever DOF you want on FF -- just stop down.  The advantage of crop is the higher pixel density of the sensor for when you are magnification or focal length limited.

that's new to me

There is no current f/1.0 or larger aperture lens with AF and there is only one excellent f/1.2 lens currently in production.

LOL, I thought another crop advantage on equivalent DOF, so he give up finally? 

I thought your comment was about the wide open shallow DOF possibility and with FF you're currently limited to f/1.2 on Canon and to f/1.4 on Nikon and Sony FF

There would be room for some nice really fast lenses especially for 50 mm - this cought my attention lately

Let's cross fingers that Canon does something similar for 1/2 the price or with f/1.2 maybe for 2/3rds of the price

It will be nice if Sigma update its 50/1.4 with one similar to 35/1.4, 50/1.4 Art at half price of 50L.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow