Europe with One Lens

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
MrJamela
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
Re: Europe with One Lens
In reply to steve vida, May 6, 2013

steve vida wrote:

I cant say I have any Euro centric knowledge but I have travelled in Asia extensively with a 5N & several lenses.I found my style of photography leans towards the wider angle & street/landscape type subject matter & sometimes found the 16F2.8 not wide enough.That said I do like the idea of restricting myself to one lens at a time & at times just go out shooting with one.When you say kit lens do you mean 16-50 or 18-55?I think the former is very suited to your needs,I had the 18-55 on my travels & apppreciated its range but the 16-50 would have been better at keeping weight to a minimum.The 24F1.4 sounds like a very versatile & fast lens but I think you would benefit by having a backup zoom.I have a few Nikon legacy lenses that work well on my Sony & Im glad I took them but they are heavy.Do you travel with a tripod?

The 16-50....

I'm not planning on bringing a tripod....we're going to be taking the train so I wanted to do three weeks in Europe with a carryon and my camera bag. I'm tempted to bring a monopod, but I have pretty steady hands...although English tea might change that.

Jaime

-- hide signature --

MrJamela's gear list:MrJamela's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow