Would I be happier with an A700 or A65????

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
csxfan
Regular MemberPosts: 111
Like?
Would I be happier with an A700 or A65????
11 months ago

Hello,

First i want to say I' new to the forum, and digital photography also, as my son and I have been into the hobby for 5 months. Currently we both have a200's and enjoy using them. I want to upgrade to a different camera, something that I can grown into and enjoy using. I would to stay with a sony, as i want to break the nikon/canon grip. I'll explain what we shoot, gear we have and what i would like to get.

I am a railfan, and enjoy taking pictures of trains as my hobby. I also shoot my daughters pom pom parades and  been playing around with macro shots of nature on the side. My desire is to work with black and white, so I do shoot color first, then work on converting. As I said, i do like my a200, which I shoot a majority of pics in Aperture mode. Ive been able to blow up my best pics to 20x30 with good results for hanging on the den wall.

My gear consists of the following items:

Minolta af 28-80    f3.5-5.6

af 28-100  f3.5-5.6

af 35-80    f4-5.6

af 70-210  f3.5-5.6

af 100-200 f4.5

af 100-300 f3.5-4.6

Seems like alot of overlap, but my son and I share the lenses on photo shoots. My favorites are the 100-200 and the 28-100, and my son enjoys the 70-210 the best.

Now knowing what I do, and I will definitely pass this to my son for photography classes in school no doubt in a few months with the same camera body, would I be happier with an a700 or an a65. Ive had the chance to play with an a65, but ive always wanted to go the 700 route. low light shooting is next to none, and with the 200, i dont go above iso 400. I want something that i wont out grow, plus make a great camera for my sons schooling. As a note, the a55 is ruled out, too toy like, and i dont like the feel of it. Or would i be better off with going the cookie cutter route of canon or nikon.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
A65New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow