Samsung Nx20 VS Sony Nex-5R

Started May 4, 2013 | Questions thread
Kaziklu
Contributing MemberPosts: 730Gear list
Like?
Re: Samsung Nx20 VS Sony Nex-5R
In reply to PhantomPersona, May 6, 2013

The NX20 is a camera I have owned for nearly a year now... I do thing with it though you will likely never do. 
My real life experience with the NX20 is that I have lost almost 400 images in the last year due to issues. I find it writes slow even to JPG, and the Auto Modes tend to (in my experience with the live view finder) be hit and miss. 
the Sony System is better for the beginner that likes shooting with a point and shoot. The JPG quality is nice, and you have enough of the bells and whistles that you can get more advance if you choose.
If were to suggest one to someone today I'd say go for the Sony over the Samsung as from what you have said in your comments, it would be the best for you...
Forgetting all the crazy figures camera geeks post constantly... what you seem to want is a camera that you are going to be able to use with your family and travelling  you are a point and shoot user, and you'd like a view finder but it isn't needed. 
The view finder issue is solved by buying a little device called a Loop. it can go over the screen on the back and let you use it a little more like a view finder on bright days. (but it isn't really needed).

The Auto modes and JPG are equal or better on the Sony. The low ISO (in bright lights) are a little better on the Samsung but not so much that it matters in any real way unless you want to argue with people on the internet.
I think the draw backs in the NX20 out way the pluses for what you seem to need the camera for. The NEX is designed for you, and Sony is having a great deal of luck with it, and the options in lens' are expanding fairly well.
I like my Samsung but in your case... Sony NEX.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow