Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Gast
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
Grand Canyon Photography
May 6, 2013

I'm doing a week long Colorado River rafting trip through the Grand Canyon in June and must decide which camera to bring in addition to the waterproof Olympus tough camera I'll have with me at all times through the rapids.  Most of my photography will be at river level although we will do some limited hiking for a small but insignificant increase in elevation. I will not be up at the canyon rim at all.  I'm torn between bringing my new X100S, which is my preference, or my Olympus OMD E-M5 and multiple lenses.  I love the simplicity of bringing the Fuji for all the obvious reasons, but don't want to regret not having several lenses, particularly a telephoto and I will certainly bring a lightweight tripod. So I'm looking for suggestions from any of you who may have a good argument to convince me to leave my X100S at home. What a pleasant dilemma--its like having to choose between a great filet mignon and and equally great N.Y. strip at the best steakhouse imaginable.

Michael Gast's gear list:Michael Gast's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow