Profoto Pro-5 generator not able to start it? Advice needed!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shpongle
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
Profoto Pro-5 generator not able to start it? Advice needed!
11 months ago

I got a fine Profoto Pro-5 which unfortunately won't start-up. Even after trying to reset the mechanical fuse, which I guess there is inside this model, then it on't start. It's an old product but pretty good for me so I hoped it could be repaired. But I found out (at least that's how it is in Copenhagen, Denmark) that Profoto and therefore the dealers/distributors do not keep spareparts in stock any longer. That's really sad since the Line of products from Profoto seems to work like forever. I have asked the local distrubutor and their techguy on Profoto said that he could take a look at it just in case the unit could be fixed without having to get spareparts from Profoto. It will cost me USD 200 for 1 hour of tech work on the unit. Question: should I forget this last attempt to "save" the generator, I mean is realistic to get it going again now that it won't start at all? I think this decision is quite hard to take since I'm not an engineer and I have no idea about the inside of a Profoto generator..

shpongle's gear list:shpongle's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +12 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow