This is a very special lens.

Started May 5, 2013 | User reviews thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,832Gear list
Like?
Re: This is a very special lens.
In reply to ozdean, May 5, 2013

ozdean wrote:

Jeff it is a macro lens with a long focus throw for pin point accuracy so hunting is inevitable unless you have a focus limiter but then that may affect WR. There is not too many wr macros out there.

I hope the do this with the DFA 50!

-- hide signature --

Regards Dean - Capturing Creation
N.B. All my Images are Protected by Copyright

Thanks for the explanation on that, Dean.

The odd thing to me is that even when I'm focusing with the EVF, I'll sometimes have a really sharp focus, and move to change my point of focus by just a TINY BIT, and it will hunt like crazy again just to change that focal point by a very minor amount.

I guess I should follow Steeve's advice and try doing the manual focus, then seeing if I can get AF to lock on again. At any rate, when I do get the AF to lock on, it's GREAT. All the same, I've NEVER seen any AF lens that's as NOISY as this one is. Were I attempting to shoot macros of some small critter that's easily spooked, the AF would certainly scare it off unless it's stone cold deaf! Thankfully, the sound doesn't seem to bother most insects, or my tadpoles.

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JeffNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow