Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Grobb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Re: SIGMA!
In reply to KenBalbari, May 5, 2013

Rather than getting the Olympus 14-150 f4.0-5.6, I would much rather get the Olympus Zuiko ED 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 (for the same price) and get one good prime lens to go with it. But, it seems like Olympus and Panasonic are trying to rape peoplethat want to get quality lenses for reasonable prices. Until or unless companies stop this tactic, they will not get me to participate. It seems that Olympus has the cameras and sensors that are capable of taking excellent images, but only with excellent lenses. As soon as they make it reasonably affordable to match the E-PL5/PM2 with lenses that can take advantage them, I will consider coming on board, but not until then. It almost comes down to ethics to me as much as it does cost. I don’t like being taken advantage of and that is exactly what it seems to be happening right now. Hopefully it will change in the future, who knows, but for now I will wait and see. Who knows, a 1" very efficient 16MP sensor in a fixed lens camera may come out before then with a very sharp 24-120mm f2.8-4.0 and I won't have to wait

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow