The Dark side - older iMac

Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,668Gear list
Like?
Re: The Dark side - older iMac
In reply to Erik Ohlson, May 5, 2013

Erik Ohlson wrote:

I'm using an older (2006) iMac, 2.16 Intel Dual core.

I'm noticing lately on the forums that photos that seem to be OK with other forum contributors look pretty dark to me. I'm thinking it's my old monitor.

I have brightness all the way up in System Preferences - is there some other way to get this older monitor to look a bit brighter?

Sounds like it's one the way out, there were a lot of the flat screen iMacs on eBay with busted screens.

You could try running a newer secondary display (I think these old ones can do it), and set it to 'Extended' desktop mode. Use the main display for your normal desktop stuff, and the secondary to display photos. It would be the cheapest option, and you could still use it if you upgraded later (get a DVI model though).

I run two displays off my Mac Mini quite comfortably, which is a 2.26GHz model (one 23" as a main display, and one 4:3 display for editing my Olympus photos.

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt
Using Olympus E-420 and Apple Mac Mini '09.

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow