Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NYCphotoman
Regular MemberPosts: 134
Like?
Loving my Quantum Qflash Trio and T5D-R
May 5, 2013

I know there are many varying opinions out there about Quantums flashes, but my opinion is very positive.  I was the owner of a bunch of Canon speedlites until I sold them on Ebay after my experiences with the Quantum T5D-R.

First, the T5D-R seems a bit more powerful and it has a different kind of light.  I always thought the Speedlite had this rather warm harsh cast to it.  The Qflash seems a bit softer and whiter.  Second, the Qflash can really take some abuse to hell and back.  One day I decided to sit here clicking away 100 times one after the other on full power.  This would have melted the Canon or Nikon flash.  Heat is something you have to monitor with the Speedlites or SBs.  Finally, working 4 other T5D-Rs on lighting stands from my Trio is really a no brainer.  Its much simpler then dealing with either Nikon or Canon's system.  Ever work an event and try to adjust the flashes.  Just try adjusting the Canon or Nikons while they are hoisted on lighting stands.  My experience is once the flashes are hoisted up during a wedding its nearly impossible to stop what you are doing, lower them down and make the adjustments.  Its also hard to navigate the Canon and Nikon menu.  The Trio's menu in comparison is really simple.

I know many have said the T5D-Rs light output is about the same as the Speedlite or SB, but I simply  cant believe that.  One of my T5D-Rs seems to outshine the Canon and Nikons which are on other photographers bodies.

Im no Quantum employee nor am I spammer, but simply posting a positive review about what I feel is a great flash system.  I own 4 T5D-Rs and 1 Trio which I use for my work in the wedding and event business.  I have no problem with any of them.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow